Using Solar to Offset Energy Cost and Reduce Carbon Emissions and Live an Overall better way of Living in Homes
Carbon dioxide released from burning fossil fuel from things like gas, coal and oil has created the serious problem we all face with climate change today. It is comforting to know that there are things we can each do to contribute to reducing air pollution and creating a healthier environment for our future generations. Since climate change is a global problem, any contribution to reduce carbon emissions wherever we are, will have a universal effect. One way to consider reducing carbon emissions is to conserve fossil fuel electricity production by using renewable energy instead. Solar energy is a solution technology that is a cost effective and economical beneficial solution that can greatly contribute to regulating carbon emissions.
A residential solar panel system has the ability of providing 80% lower carbon emission than fossil fuel.
Did you know – that the US solar Market grew to an impressive 76% in 2012?
So why are more and more homeowners choosing to go solar these days?
Because the benefits are rewarding:
- Adding solar panels to your home will cause you to start saving money from day one. Statistics has shown that homeowners monthly saving is well above a $100 per month. Also, solar purchase power agreements (PPAs) and solar leasing has made it possible for going solar easy and painless.
- Aside from the rewards of feeling good that you are contributing to a cleaner planet by using solar energy with the installation of solar panels, you will also increase the value of your home. Solar panels will increase the attractiveness of your house on the market. A study conducted by National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) did conclude that houses with solar panels sell 20% faster and approximately 17% increase in price
- A promise of peace of mind as there is nothing like having a guaranteed performance, as most solar panel manufacturers warranty range from between 20 to 25 years. And the industry standard guarantee 80% performance after 25 years.
- Shopping for solar years ago, used to involve a long and complicated process but not anymore.
- Installing solar panels in your home is a secure investment as you can easily calculate how much electricity is generated and at what price. You will not be faced with fluctuating and unreliable electricity prices anymore.
The US has some of the best solar resources in the world. The downside is, we continue to hold the second place in the world, with carbon dioxide emissions sitting at a concerning 17.9%
You can contribute greatly by lowering your carbon footprint with the installation of solar panels. While saving money is a big factor, you will also experience an overall better way of life while positively contributing to the environment.
There are many applications of flexible solar panels and we’d like to help you find what you need.
Click here to fill out our contact form and one of our experts will gladly get in touch with you right away.